Monday, November 24, 2014

Names

So I've been doing some researching because I write books. I like the names in my books to either sound cool or mean something substantial. When I was writing a book after Frozen came out, I decided use some names from that movie. I looked up what they meant, and it turns out it's pretty amazing.
For example...Elsa means "promise of God"
That's pretty amazing for a Disney princess movie. Elsa
is a derivative of the Biblical name Elizabeth.
Anna is also a Biblical name that means "grace".
Hans is another name. I liked the meaning for "Hans" and
"Elsa" the most. Hans means "God is merciful". It's interesting how
DISNEY! OF ALL PLACES...uses names that refer to God, in their
biggest hit...hmm.




4 comments:

  1. Chloe!! What!? You have a blog?? Wow, girl... thanks for telling me! :] You're a wonderful writer, dear! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes I do. Why? How did you know?

    ReplyDelete